Friday 22 July 2016

Maria's Architecture Tour

Hey,

Maria has planned today so let's go explore the architecture of Singapore.


We started later than planned as at the moment we were ready to leave the room it got dark. Why? Turns out there was a thunderstorm and it was said to last until 1pm but lucky finished at 12 because I don't know how much longer we could have stayed in the hotel room.


To begin the architecture tour, well we went to many different wonderful buildings but I don't think I can say much about them as I love patterns on different buildings and how they are put together but I am not the architect in this family so head over to my cousins blog.




However, this tour did include the Merlion which shows traditional Singapore as it is their symbol, so here's the history behind it; The country of Singapore was originally know as 'umi no machi' which is Japanese for sea town, but it was renamed to Singapore when a prince saw a lion on the shores of the country. This created the Merlion as it imbodies both the sea and the lion.



Thanks for reading



Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment