Sunday 3 September 2017

Yorkshire

Hey,


The first holiday of my summer (2017) was to Pickering, in Yorkshire where we stayed in a lodge for 4 days to explore the surrounding area.
























On the first day of the holiday, we travelled to Goathland which is where Heartbeat was filmed. It is also where the scenes that include the Hogwarts Express in Harry Potter were filmed. In Goathland, we went on a walk to the waterfall; Mallyan Spout and walked passed it looping back to the town for lunch. On this walk I managed to cause my leg to swell up as it got caught in between 2 rocks, but I didn’t realise thus bruising my leg. Nicola, mum and I travelled back to Pickering via train (the Hogwarts Express) while dad drove back with our dog, Lily for company as we had the car.





 






The next day was Whitby day where we spent the morning in ‘Robin Hood Bay’ followed by the afternoon in Whitby. In Robin Hood Bay, we took Lily for a walk which involved us climbing along and over rocks, and I had my camera case with all mine and Nicola’s technological devices so it was an adventure. Once in Whitby, we explored the shops looking at Jet jewellery before buying fish & chips, however I had a battered Sausage which I loved. When mum and I were delivering the food to the rest of our family a seagull flew down and stole a bit off the top of dad’s haddock and flew away with it.

 






 
 





On the third day, we went to the coast to see the lighthouses and scenery at Flamborough. We also went to the beach where we could walk Lily and eat lunch, which was just snacks. After dinner, we played cards, rummy, where dad obviously won, but it was fun watching once dad and Nicola were the only ones left as when one was up the other only had five points in their hand. This meant that it felt like the game had gone on forever.
















On the final day we visited York, so that we could see a real-life Viking village as well as the museum that shows the history of the Viking era. The Viking village was like a more historical version of ‘It’s a small world’ from Disneyland. After the museum, we queued to go into the shop ‘He who must not be named’ which is obviously a Harry Potter shop. In the Harry potter house quiz, I am Gryffindor and Nicola is Hufflepuff, which is why I bought a Gryffindor jacket sand Nicola a Hufflepuff scarf. Mum bought Hogwarts university graduation t-shirt. During our trip to York we also looked at the university as it is one of my sister options for a couple years time.











This is the end of our Yorkshire holiday which was so much fun.





I hope you enjoyed reading about my holiday,


Any comments or questions fill free to use the contact box,


Thank you




Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment