Tuesday 27 September 2016

Tale of two sons

Hey,

So I went to the evening service at my church back in Plymouth and the talk was done by David and was about, as you likely guessed the tale of two sons.


Matthew 21:28-32

"'What do you think? There was a man who had two sons'. He went to the first and said 'Son, go and work today in the vineyard.' 'I will not' he answered, but later he changed his mind and went. 'Then the father went to the other son and said the same thing. He answered, 'I will, sir', but he did not go. 'Which of the two did what his father wanted?' 'The first' they answered. Jesus said 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you. For John came to you to show you the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes did. And even after you saw this, you did not repent and believe him."

Both of his sons brought both Joy and Sorrow to their father but the first brought sorrow and then Joy has him had a change of heart and went to work as his father asked.


Acts 11:18





"When they heard this, they had no further objections and praised God, saying, 'So then, even to Gentiles God has granted repentance that leads to life.'"





Whereas the second son brought Joy and the Sorrow as the son told his father that he would work but then he never got round to doing it. How many of you have said you would do something but never got round to doing it, I know I have.


It's nice when your children talk to you, God wants you to come talk to him. Sometime was forget to pray and sometime on our journeys we promise and forget. So we just need to remember that God is our father and hes want us to talk to him and so listen to him.



Songs

My saviour still












My saviour redeemer















Worthy in the Lamb










God I look to you















No other name

















Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment