Tuesday 11 July 2017

A once upon a time . . . Birthday


 Hey,

I know it’s been like forever since I have posted, but I have been busy starting my work experience, that I am loving, and trying to pass these stupid tests so I can get into my course, to study teaching in September, which I have now actually got a tutor to help me. I actually had my first session with her today which was great. I now know that I need to work on: methods that will help me work out the maths faster; I need to practice on recognising where punctuation should be; important information in comprehension and noticing what the question is asking me to do. However, let’s forget about all of that as this post has absolutely nothing to do with stupid, boring, annoying revision, and whatever other words that could be used, I am sure there are loads but listing them would take forever.




This post is actually about my birthday party; well you could say mine and my sisters. I am sure that in an earlier post, I spoke about all the birthday’s I had coming up such as mine and my sister’s, which are a day apart near the end of June.




This party was a Barbeque where you came dressed as your favourite Disney character and then a sleepover afterwards with a Disney marathon included. Two of my friends actually ended up cancelling because one was ill and the other got called into work, in London, last minute so it ended up being my family and one of my best friends which was great, especially since my aunt and cousin drove down to spend the weekend, and a bit more as my cousin is being an interior designer for us as we are planning to fix up the house a bit.


Anyway, back to the party. For this event, I was obviously Snow White as, if you know me you would know that ever since I was little my family would call me ‘their Snow White’ since when I was younger I have rose coloured cheeks, pale skin and was born with black hair which I have recently dyed back. My sister was little Red Riding Hood, I know not really Disney, but it is a fairy tale so who cares, it’s what she wanted to dress as. Mum wore a Disney T-shirt and at one point in the evening put on the ‘Mad Hatter’ hat which was actually made as part of my A2 photography work as I did a project on fairy tales. My best friend, Emi was Tinkerbelle, well a wingless version, but she looked great; she even had green glitter on her face as fairy dust.



Now the Barbeque was amazing! Dad did the cooking of all the meat and I had baked all the confectioneries as well as the birthday cake. I did have some help with the cookies from my sister, who also made pizza for a snack before the BBQ and bread for brunch in the morning.







After everyone had finished our food we stayed outside and talked. We also had a gap between the meal and desserts where we opened presents and Maria, my cousin, arrived, as she had to drive down after finishing work at 5ish.







When it came to the evening and time to go to sleep, well bed maybe not sleep, we did what I usually do when Emi comes around for one of our marathon sleepovers. This is that I get all: the sleeping bags; duvets; pillows and cushions, then put them in the lounge to make a huge comfy floor to sleep on but obviously a duvet or sleeping bag to sleep with as well. We (me, Emi, Maria and Nicola) got settled down for the Disney marathon that were basically all the traditional ones like Beauty and the Beast & Bambi, but some new were like Frozen & Tangled. This involved getting the old videos out from when I was little to watch the traditional ones. We did find out that the ‘Snow White’ video doesn’t work which was disappointing, but oh well, it was still loads of fun.








Before the actual barbeque started we sat outside in the garden and did some colouring in of different Disney films, with mini pizzas, Nicola had made, as a snack to eat. It was so much fun and I thoroughly enjoyed myself and am glad the weather was good for this day.









Thanks for reading,

I hope you enjoyed it,


Please use the contact box for comments or questions.



Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment