Saturday 15 July 2017

Kenilworth Carnival

Hey, 

So, a few weeks ago I went to the ‘Kenilworth Carnival’ on my own as mum, dad and Nicola were off seeing a university, but it was still a great day and I met some of the children from work experience as well as some friends. I also got to talk to new people which was nice.




The parade carried on the tradition of starting with the marching band and then followed by the princess float. This happens every year and I think it is nice as it creates the feeling of tradition and community due to the fact that loads of people come out to watch the parade before continuing on to the fair, in Abbey Fields. The Floats that followed on from the marching band were: Day of the Dead; Let’s go fly a kite – from Mary Poppins; Princess and Superheroes; Under the Sea – from the little Mermaid – By st John’s Primary School - Nursey and child centre; Peace by the 4th Kenilworth Scout group; Tropical by Ambassadors of Groove; Where’s Wally by st Augustine’s, and Butterflies by the 12th Kenilworth Brownies (this is the brownies that a friend from work experience and my sister work at).

 










The walking Knights from the 10th Kenilworth Guides followed on from the butterfly float, as well as someone with a push chair that was dressed to look like a rocket, before the next lot of floats came. This was nice as it gave a break from throwing coins into fishing nets. The float that started the next lot were Titanic by Viva! Theatre Arts, and here are the ones that followed: A Giant yellow dog by dog trust; Mary Poppins by Town and Country Furniture; some dancing by the Chinewide Morris dancers; eighties, and finally ending with people dressed up (example: Minnie and Batman) and the van to collect any coins you had left for last donations.





I then went down to the fair in Abbey Fields like most people; I first looked at the rides although I didn’t go on any, even though I had a voucher to get some money off, which I ended up giving to someone heading that way when I was on my way home. Here are what were available to go on Trampoline, Super-hero fly, Carousel, Dodgers, Dominator, Waltzer which is like tea cups, Vehicle Carousel, Alagator, Balloon ride, The King which goes upside down, and finally the Twister which I actually went on years ago with my sister, which just shows the amazing tradition the carnival has become and the success it has had as it is a great day to spend time together with friends and even a place to make new friends in our community.







I also explored the stools and thought I would share what they were so you have an idea of what will be there next year if you want to attend which I highly recommend. So, here they are: Guides tombler for toys; Kings Tables that sold a variety of books; stools for food; TWAM which had information about it as well as a raffle, bits and bobs; Cats Protection which sold books, gifts and pick a parcel; Warwickshire wildlife trust which shared information and sweets; <ELST – Lip reading which had information and games; Sweethearts that had, homemade donuts, glitter tattoos and face paint; Kenilworth outdoor pool who had information and sweets; Macmillan – Cancer support which had books and stuff (things you would find in their shops); Scouts food and drinks; Talisman theatre that had information and taking your photo as Cinderella, and a teddy tombler.





There was also another tombler which was food and drinks, where I won a packet of pawn cocktail crisps, a bottle of flavoured lucozade and a packet of smarties, which was the Save the children stool. The final stool that I haven’t spoken about yet is the Heart of England Revival Church who actually came as spoke to me as they noticed that I was taking notes so I could write this post which led to me talking about my blog, and talking about getting the word of God out there, as well as talking about our churches as I go to a Church of England Church which is what their church is. There was plenty to do at this stool as they were: a place to write prayers down that they would then pray for, game, face paint and getting a colour streak in your hair, as well as people being around to talk to if you wanted it.







Thanks for reading,

Any comments or questions please use the contact box



Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment