Monday 5 February 2018

Spirit of Truth

Hello,


This post focuses around the quote ‘Spirit of truth’ from the Bible. I feel that this quote and it’s meaning is demonstrated well in the song ‘Voice of Truth’ by Casting Crowns.


John 14:15 – 21




“If you love me, keep my commands and I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you for ever – the Spirit of truth. The World cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realise that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I in you. Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”



Throughout the Bible there are many examples of following this teaching and raising to that faith. Some of these examples were when Lazarus came back from the dead, or when Jesus fed five thousand people with only five loafs of bread and three fishes, and when Jesus walked on water. It takes a lot of faith to have observed all these miracles to then to be told that their teacher is leaving and that you have to take his place in delivering the news of the Father, God to the people. This is like the star player of a game taking you to the win and then turns around and says ‘I am leaving’. However, Jesus did not leave us alone as it says in John 14 “I will not leave you as orphans”. He gave you someone who would never leave you just like he would never leave us, he sent down the Holy Spirit who will be with you and live in you.



This is demonstrated in Acts 2:1-4

“When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. The saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.”




Jesus’ love is given those who trust and obey but he will love you no matter what. For example, if you have children you will love them no matter what but there is something beautiful about an obedient child. Well so I am told, I personally don’t have any children.



Romans 5:1-2



“Since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God.”






We have peace with God and we are welcome to join the family of God. We have many things to worry about in our life such as money, children, illness, work, and more, but do you think Jesus worried about anything? No, he was at peace and as said in Philippians 4:6 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in ever situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” So don’t worry about anything and put your worries to Jesus and trust in him.




The Holy Spirit is given to those who Trust, Love, Ask and Obey God. An imagery of this is a car as we are like a car because we need to be refilled with the Holy Spirit like a car needing to be refilled with gas.




Songs















Chains cannot keep you from loving Jesus.






















This is a new song to myself and the church which I feel is about giving yourself to Jesus.














This is also a new song to me that I feel is about God’s love changing us.














I feel that this song is about how chains cannot hold you back and about casting your worries to the Lord.




Thank you for reading,

Please use the contact box or comment below




Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment