Sunday 4 February 2018

Kids Zone


Hey everyone,


I am sorry that it has been a while since my last post but I have been busy on my university course which is primary teaching, however I also haven’t had time to write a post because my grandad recently passed away so I have been spending time with my family and both organising and attending his funeral.




I have started volunteering at Kids Zone in Blue Zone which is for children of primary school age. This is the kids club for my church which is Plymouth Christian Centre. I got given a T- shirt and I volunteer for 2 weeks and then have 4 weeks off to attend the service and then repeat.






John 14:6

“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”



The order of this group is to first allow the children to play with a variety of equipment before they join together to sing some songs in worship such as ‘Our God is a Great Big God’. The children would then sit at tables for a drink and biscuit before they sit down together on the floor while an adult reads a story to them and then ask them questions and discuss the story. This week the story was ‘Noah’. We would then finish with a song before playing with toys while waiting for the parents to collect them.



I really enjoyed myself looking after and playing Lego with the children.



Thank you for reading,
Please use the contact box or comment below




Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment