Sunday 12 February 2017

University break

Hey,

This post is long behind when I was meant to write it, but oh well I am writing it now.


Last month I interrupted my studies so I will be taking a break before starting again in September and I am hoping to study a different course. Through going this I have found that many people change their course after the first year, but I have a feeling that some people are like me and worry about the problems it would cause with education, finances, and living, so I thought I would write a blog post regarding my experience.

Actually, it’s not as difficult as everyone thinks. When it came to interrupting my studies all I had to do was fill in a form and hand it into the office which in my case was the Arts & Humanities office due to my course being Media Arts. I left it with them to be filed.





Once it has been filed they would pass this information on to Student Finance England and they would stop your loans and if you had just received your loans they would want some money back. You would be sent letters regarding all of this information. In my case, I had just received my loans so I needed to pay some money back. I am also hoping to transfer to another course which is 3 years and therefore would need money for another year but if you explain what is going on SFE may give you the money depending on the circumstances. I am receiving money up until my last term because they paid fully for my first term and about 25% of this term.





As I am hoping to transfer from the Media Arts course to the Bed Primary (Art & Design) course I had to go through the interview process again. This meant getting references, creating a portfolio and going into an interview. If I am accepted onto this course they will simply transfer me to the course in August so I will pick up where I started in September with my studies but on another course.



I hope this has helped anyone who is in a similar position or thinking about transferring courses. If you have any questions please use the contact box. Thanks for reading whether it was for information or you just wanted to know what I have been up to.

Hope you enjoyed





Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment