Sunday 6 February 2022

Everyday faith Wk1: Paul and Ananias

 Hello everyone,


I know it has been a long time since my last post, years in fact. 

I am going to try and start my chistian weekly post again, fingers crosser I an keep to it.


Anyway,

I have joined a new church (St. James) that has a yearly vision, for 2022 it it 'everyday faith' focusing on asking God to open our eyes to him. He is beside us always.

Ephesians 1:18

"I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of glorious inheritance in his holy people."

We need to open our hearts to God so that he can work through us and to that we can have our eyes open to him.


You and Amen




This is our prayer







Crown him with many crowns

















Reading: Act 9:1-19

The Apostle Paul

There a two key things that the speaker talked about regarding Paul: Life changing, and God initiated. Paul went through a life changing experience when his eyes were opened to the lord. When he was Saul he was not a nice person, he was againist God and his people.

Act 9:1-2

"He went to the high priest and asked him for letters to the synagogues in Damascus, so that if he found any there who belonged to the Way, whether men or women, he might take them as prisoners to Jerusalem."

But then when Saul was blinded, God worked through Anaias the help and heel him.

Act 9:15

"This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Isreal."

The then he was a change man, who was batised and embraced the holy spirit and allowed God to work through him, becoming a humbling servent.

Act 9:18

"Immediately, something like scales fell from Saul's eyes, and he could see again. He got up and he was baptised."

The message of this amazing story is that opening our eyes to the Lord can be life changing.

God Initated

The astonishing fact of this story in that God appoached Saul and completely changed his life. God has a plan for all of us, we need to be open for him to work through us.

Saul new what type of a man he was but God didn't care, he resuced him and brought him out of the darkness.

Romans 7:24-25

"What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

We are sinners, but that's okay for God loves us as we are, he even sent his own son to died on the cross an take all of our sins.

1 Corinthians 2:2

"for I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him cruified."

Jesus, friend of sinners




Close your eyes and listen to these words...





Ananias

He was prayful, obedient and full of grace. He was open to the Lord and followed God's path for him even when he was asked to approach a man who would see him imprisoned. 

Act 9:13

"'Lord' Ananias awsers 'I have heard many reports about this man and all the harm he has done to your holy people in Jerusalem."

but still he went.

Act 9:17

"Ananias went to the house and entered it. Placing his hands on Saul, he said 'Brother Saul, the Lord - Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you were coming here - he sent me so that you may see again and be filled with the Holy Spirit.'"

God puts his hands on us and forgives us, welcomes us in and fills us with the Holy Spirit. We need to be open to recieve him. We need to open our heart and eyes to him.

Open the eyes of my heart









Cornerstone












Prayer

We pray God that you take away our sins and we recieve you grace and life so that we can take you into our hearts.


Next Week ... Mary Magdaleme


Thank you for reading

Feel free to leave a comment


Amy x 

p.s. These blog posts are what I have gotten out of a sermen that I have listened to so not all of what I write is my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment